Quantcast

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Saturdays were always fabulous.

I have been waiting rather patiently for the last few months for the launch of Kate Spade's new lower priced designer line of clothing and accessories. Key words there are LOWER PRICED. With a price range of $50-$200, the designer is capable of reaching an entirely different target market.

What a smarty pants. The strategy isn't really new, we've seen it with Target and H&M's capsule collections and soon to come in Canada with Holt Renfrew's hr2. I LOVE Kate Spade, she's whimsical and loud-- and it was a Kate Spade bag I first watched my mother fawn over at Holt Renfrew in 2005--mind you the bag was for her not me.

However, I don't know how I feel about Saturday. Though I did love some of their stuff, I really feel they fell short, especially in the accessories department. Going through the website left my wanting something more, that I simply couldn't find there. And I couldn't justify spending $180 on a dress as a student, I don't even know that I can justify it as a working adult. So alas, I'm going to surmise that I am not their target market, and merrily move on.

All the same, here are some of the pieces I just adored. Shawty really is a window shopper this time around.


Sexy Back Dress- 180

Jump-Around Jumpsuit - 150
Reversible Cape - 210

Half Circle Bag - 160



No comments:

Post a Comment